Job description Electronics Technician - Household And Business Equipment near Rimouski (QC)
Find out what work is like for an electronics technician - household and business equipment in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment) (NOC 2242).
Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
Electronic service technicians service and repair household and business electronic equipment such as audio and video systems, computers and peripherals, office equipment and other consumer electronic equipment and assemblies. They are employed by electronic service and retail establishments, by wholesale distributors and within service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment, such as televisions, radios, video cassette recorders, stereo equipment, photocopiers, computers and peripherals
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components and assemblies using multimeters, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, logic probes and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies and components following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- May supervise other electronic equipment service technicians.
- office equipment service technician
- photocopy machine technician
- satellite antenna servicer
- electronic service technician apprentice
- radio and television service technician
- alarm system technician
- audio-video service technician
- computer service technician
- electronic service technician supervisor
- field service technician, electronic products
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Telecommunications installation and repair workers
- Date modified: