Job prospects Industrial Sewing Machine Operator near London (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial sewing machine operators near London (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an industrial sewing machine operator.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Industrial sewing machine operators (NOC 9446) in the London region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial sewing machine operators in the London region:
- Approximately 530 people work in this occupation.
- Industrial sewing machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Clothing, leather and allied product manufacturing (NAICS 315-316): 41%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 24%
- Textile and textile product mills (NAICS 313-314): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: