Job requirements Finance Director near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a finance director near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Financial managers (NOC 0111).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
- A master's degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another master's level management program may be required.
- Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
- Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: