Job requirements Gas Turbine Machinery Industrial Mechanic near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a gas turbine machinery industrial mechanic near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics (NOC 7311).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in industrial machinery repair or millwrighting is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Textile machinery mechanics hired from other industries may require additional training in textile processes and experience as a textile manufacturing machinery operator.
- Industrial mechanic (millwright) trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Construction millwright trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Industrial sewing machine mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Quebec.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified industrial mechanics or millwrights upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: