Skills Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an illustrator and graphic designer in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs
- Produce 2-D and 3-D animated drawings or computer illustrations
- Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations
- Assist in developing storyboards for electronic productions
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: