Summary Transportation Routes Scheduler in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a transportation routes scheduler. The following information is applicable to all Transportation route and crew schedulers (NOC 1526).
Transportation route and crew schedulers prepare operational and crew schedules for transportation equipment and operating personnel. They are employed by municipal transit commissions, truck, delivery and courier companies, railways, airlines and by other transportation establishments in both the private and public sectors.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Review schedule requisitions, passenger counts and cargo, running times and distances to establish schedule parameters
- Design new or modify existing schedules using computer software or other methods
- Assign personnel to equipment and routes and schedule work shifts
- Compile equipment and personnel records to produce operating reports
- Review personnel availability and other pertinent information to establish schedule parameters
- Date modified: