Summary Coach near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a coach. The following information is applicable to all Coaches (NOC 5252).
Coaches prepare and train individual athletes or teams for competitive events. They are employed by national and provincial sports organizations, professional and amateur sports teams, sports clubs and universities or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes sports scouts who identify and recruit athletes for professional sports teams. They are employed by professional sports organizations.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction
- Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance
- Date modified: