Why does a job advertised on Job Bank have a different title than on an employer's website?
Job Bank only uses job titles that are found on the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that an employer posting on Job Bank has to choose the best match within the titles corresponding to the NOC code selected. He does not have the option to modify the title.
If an employer posts a job with a website link to their corporate website, he will sometimes change the job title and add details about the requirements to better describe the job.
- How can I narrow down my job search?
- How can I find jobs on Job Bank?
- Why do I see jobs from other websites on Job Bank?
- Why does a job advertised on Job Bank have a different title than on an employer's website?
- How can I apply to a job posting?
- How can I report a problem with a job posting or an employer?
- Date modified: